Thursday, June 25, 2009

Remember

“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little moreand thegetting it done a little less”

I was just reading a blogger , who quoted this. This leads me to wanting to capture more memories by writing them down. Mark is only 15 months old and there are so many things I dont remember. I wish I could remember so much. Because we I do randomly remember things , its the greatest feeling. I have been terrible with jotting down all of Marks firsts. Just yesterday I remembered and brought up to the hubby about Marks first favorite toy , it was a green hanger. I used to think that people would thing I was crazy letting my baby play with this plastic hanger , but he loved it. He wouldnt play with anything else. I cant even find a picture with the hanger , again probaly because I didnt want anyone thinking I was a bad mom.


Now this picture I love. It was the beginning of November and Mark was 6 going on 7 months old. I was doing something in my bedroom and put Mark on the floor , he then crawled out of my room across to the room my sister was staying in and found her "journal" she had tryed to start on computer paper next to the door. As you can see he had a field day with it and it was everywhere. I remember walking out of my room and saying "uh oh!" and he thought it was soooo funny. Camera moment. Im so happy to have this picture , it makes me laugh. He was such a cutie pie, and so curious getting in to everything.

So try to take the time to sit down and remember and record. Or blog , so one day you can be sitting there and can look back at older blogs and remember.

No comments: