Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sense and Sensibility


About a month. With kids and boredom , it took me about a month just to get half way through Sense and Sensibility. But as with all Jane Austen books Ive read so far they dont seem to pick up till half way through. Then you are sucked into the scandal and soap opera like story. Last night I picked up the book determined to finish it just so I could buy Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters. Right as I started I was finally sucked in and about an hour and a half later I was done. Now the ending did seem extremely rushed , I had to read a page twice because in the matter of half a page the whole thing changed! Ahhh, if youve read the book , its when Edward goes to Elinors cottage in Barton with only one thing on his mind , to propose. Just the page before it you were lead to believe he married the lil hussy Lucy , but she ran off with his brother. AHH! Do you see how it seems like a soap opera? At times like this I am just amazed and in awe of the literary mind of Jane Austen in the 1800 ( or 1700's) I definitly see how it is a classic. Just as with Jane Eyre , you have to read that one to believe it.

Well since I have a book shelf of a couple of classics still left to be finished I will start with Alice's Adventures in Wonderland untill my Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters comes in the mail.

Please try and read the book! I now hope that the movie is as great as the new Pride and Prejudice. I did leave it in New Orleans and its driving me crazy.

With Sleepless in Seattle going on in the background it may be a little hard to start this book.
One more thing , I do not have the copy of the book with the cover that is above.... that cover is just ... Im sorry to say the women are lil .... well not very attractive.

No comments: